Careers > Open position
Mid-level Node.js developer
At Sourcelab, we define ourselves as a hub for software craftsmanship. Together we are part of the never-ending journey to improve ourselves and inspire others along the way. We believe that writing code is the easiest part of the process. Understanding the business value and doing what is most important at the moment makes the difference.
Sourcelab is a remote-friendly company and our working hours are flexible. In Sofia, we settled in a co-working space but our policy will stay forever hybrid. We are growing and we’re looking to hire an ego-free Mid-level Node.js developer who is passionate about doing things the right way.
- Software development is your passion and you are eager to learn every day;
- You have an eye for software design and think about the big picture when you are writing code;
- You have a sense of ownership and you are self-motivated to take the initiative to develop quality code and improve processes and tools;
- You are a team player. We resolve obstacles together and use pair programming to spread knowledge and improve quality;
- You have a good command of English;
We don’t believe in hierarchical structure so we adapted unFIX model (think about a simplified and improved Spotify model) where everyone is free to define what they want to specialize with or shine by trying something new, i.e. in case you are interested in full-stack or DevOps, we will support you to develop yourself.
Developers are working closely with clients and QA in cross-functional teams. For us, the Agile culture goes beyond the agile board. We believe in early automation and frequent delivery.
We create open communication, based on trust and transparency; We strive to keep things simple, clean, and easy;
On a daily basis you will spend your time:
- Writing, testing and deploying high-quality code;
- Contributing to the entire SDLC (analysis, design, development, testing and debugging, deployment);
- Taking part in pair programming sessions and the code review process;
Technologies we use:
- React with react-query for REST or Apollo Client for GraphQL and Tailwind to make CSS easier;
- Jest with testing-library for unit tests, Playwright for E2E tests;
- TypeScript because we prefer our types static;
- PostgreSQL through TypeORM or Prisma;
- Git (GitHub) with solid rules about branching strategy and clean history;
- GitHub Actions for CI/CD;
- Sentry for error handling;
- Nomad for orchestrating our Docker images;
25 days paid vacation
Up to 25 days paid vacation (1 extra day for every year in the company)
Subsidized Multisport card
Additional health Insurance
With options to include your family members
Coverage of internet or mobile services - 50 BGN (gross)
Additional fully paid sick days
Additional fully paid sick days
Remote-friendly way of work from location by your choice
Flexible Working Hours
Work-life balance policies for flexible working
Nice office in Campus X coworking space
Choice of equipment
A choice of equipment (macOS / Linux / Windows)
Bring your friends with you
We regularly travel to visit our colleagues in other cities
We keep things simple:
Short call with our HR
A short 15-20 min call. We can discuss more about the company and team. This is a two-sided process, so we will be glad to hear more about you and what you are looking for.
Video call or on-site meeting where we get to know each other better. We start with an introduction, then you share your screen and we solve software kata together during a pair programming session.
We have quick decision process that usually takes 1-2 days.